Friday, November 30, 2007

*Is Impressed* Eon MC

Whoa. Via Smallest Minority, I was reading the commentary here. There's a lot of talk about blaming hip-hop music for the state of the black community. BUT there's also talk about blaming a lack of parenting. It's kinda a "Which came first?" argument to me. However, I'm a white woman from the Houston suburbs so what do I know, right? Anyway, someone linked this artist's MySpace.....

WOW. I've never been a huge fan of hip-hop or rap. I believe it can be a really interesting and exciting form of music because when certain artists have stopped singing about beating women and killing each other, their work can be really, really good. Unfortunately, those instances are few and far between. This artist, Eon MC, he is a revelation.

From "Chip on My Shoulder" to "Under Pressure", his lyrics are just wonderful. Please go and listen...

No comments: