Sunday, July 6, 2008

Movies from My Weekend

Spent my holiday weekend reading, shopping and watching some movies....

"The Spiderwick Chronicles"
is just a good, fast-paced romp through a fantasy world. I'd never read the book(s?) this movie is based on but it was pretty enjoyable. Also, Freddie Highmore impressed me by being able to play twin boys in such a way that I never once confused who was who. A nice family movie.

"Hancock"
was great but, man, this wasn't the super-hero movie I thought I was going to see! And I mean that in the best possible way. After the big reveal, I had no idea where the plot was going. Charlize Theron's character especially pleasantly surprised me. It was pretty interesting to see a superhero film where the superhero is such total jerk. Also even though Hancock cannot be injured (for the most part), the film did a really good job of conveying the destruction and peril that would result from these powers. There's a good bit of language but overall, this is really enjoyable action movie.

No comments: