Sunday, April 6, 2008

Charlton Heston Has Passed Away

While updating my BlogRoll, I came across this piece of news. How terrible! He was such a wonderful actor and an interesting person. I always got the feeling the man loved throwing curve balls.

Reasons Why Heston Rocked:
1) "A Touch Of Evil"
2) The Trifecta of "Omega Man", "Soylent Green" & "The Planet of the Apes" - These were very much the founding movies of my sci-fi geekdom
3) He Supported Gun Rights - As a big believer in self-defense, I love that he took a stand for it when it wasn't cool.
4) His cameo in "Wayne's World 2" - Shows what a real movie star can do with one scene.
5) "The Agony & The Ecstasy" - I love watching him & Rex Harrison snipe and banter and show how these two people kind of grew on one another.

No comments: