Saturday, February 9, 2008

Commercials Gone WRONG

So last night, I'm watching "Stargate: Atlantis" (like I do) and a commercial airs that is one of the most cracktastic "What were the ad execs smoking when they wrote this?!" things I've seen in a long time.

A despondent, slightly mousy woman is sitting at what appears to be a secretary's desk. She sighs all dramatic-like before her chests explodes and her still beating heart lands on her keyboard. Unlike me in similar circumstances, she doesn't appear too disturbed by this, indeed her non reaction continues as her heart sprouts little spindly cartoon-heart legs and leaps off the desk. The heart starts walking toward the boss's office.

Where, the boss is eating what looks like a plate of raw meat while chuckling in a evil-overlord manner. I thought maybe it was supposed to be the hearts of other despondent employees because that's how the boss maintains his control over them. But, that turned out to be totally wrong! The heart just pulled out a little sign saying "I QUIT!" and then walked off into the cartoon-heart sunset, leaving the woman behind.

A logo for CareerBuilder.com pops up and the announcer says something but at this point I'm in too much shock to register it.....

WHAT THE FRICKITY HELL?! This is going in the same category as that weird Quizno's singing hamster video from a couple years back.

No comments: