Wednesday, November 28, 2007

People Are BASTARDS – Ubuntu Edition

While perusing Digg, I come across this announcement in the Ubuntu Help Forums: Malicious Commands

Apparently, instead of helping new Ubuntu users solve problems, some people are posting false advice including commands which permanently damage or delete a person’s hard drive!

Once I looked at them a minute and read the explanation of their functions, most of the posted example commands were understandable. But there’s one that I think is worth mentioning because I had NO IDEA a command could even look like that! It’s just symbols and such but the damage it could do...(shudder)

Teaching myself the command line just became a lot higher priority. As for the bottom-feeders posting these commands, my opinion of you may be best expressed by the following:

No comments: