Monday, November 19, 2007

Krav-Maga Yoga - Trial Class

I've missed going to the Krav Maga gym recently. Either I've been too sick or too tired from being sick. So I decided to go today before the holiday.

KM Core Mix: This is a fusion of yoga & pilates. I've never actually taken a yoga class before so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Still, it was a surprising work-out. The only part I have trouble with was when the instructor took us through several iterations of this Relaxed-Cat / Downward-Facing-Dog / Something-Else-I-Don't-Remember sequence. That was challenging. By the end I wasn't as sweaty but I definitely felt relaxed. I think I might try to get to this class again...I had planned to go only to the Saturday classes but I really enjoyed this one.

It was really amusing though. The instructor was being all "Ommmm.....Extend your heart out. Allow your energy to descend into the Earth." but in the class next door we could hear the instructors yelling "You're being ATTACKED! Hit HARDER! Really punch his lights out!". After class was over, even the instructor mentioned that she was suppressing giggles about it.

On an unrelated side-note, a homeless person approached me when I was pumping gas to ask for change. I didn't have a single penny to give him! (I rarely carry cash much less change - I empty it out of my purse the second I get home). I felt terrible!

No comments: