Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday Miscellaneous

Very miscellaneous today.

1) In anticipation for the new Harry Potter book, I give you the Harry Potter Spoiler of Doom generator! My results:
My Harry Potter Spoiler of Doom is:
Severus Snape kills Ron shortly after discovering a new lost book of the Bible
Get your Harry Potter Spoiler of Doom

2) Why we can’t land people on Mars (via Universe Today). I remember reading Bob Zubrin’s “The Case for Mars” thinking there’s got to be a catch because this sounds so feasible. I think this here is the catch. Due to the thinness of Mar's atmosphere, most of the standard landing techniques wouldn’t slow down a manned vehicle enough to land safely.

3) 100 Open Source Downloads: Great tools for free. Some of these I've come across in my Ubuntu-switch research.

4) Working as an engineer, you see many warning signs and labels. This is one of my favorites:

Because the last thing you want is your hand in a 400-ton stamping press that shakes the whole building when it is working.

No comments: