Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Flash Gordon Thoughts

When an advertisement for this series aired after the Stargate series finale (sniff) I was skeptical. But, I just watched this video from the sci-fi digital press tour. Definitely sounds interesting and all four actors were very engaging. One thing that struck me is they kept mentioning the quality of the writing. Specifically the sci-fi network guy mentioned a sense of humor similiar to SG1. I always thought that was one of SG1's stronger points.

Also, all four of the actors stated that they researched on-line for the history of Flash Gordon. And they mentioned their experiences with older fans (60-80 yrs) who remember the first big-screen serials.

Since (I believe) this premieres in August, it will make a nice segway into the Fall TV season for me.

No comments: