Thursday, January 3, 2008

Music Overload

Between Christmas gifts and my own purchases, my music collection grew a great deal in the last half of December. Here’s a list of recent acquisitions:

I. CDS:
Cosmic Game by Thievery Corporation : AWESOME. Buy this CD!
Lemonade by G.Love : WOW. Interesting modern rockabilly blues.
Live from Austin Tx by Neko Case : Excellent. The world would be infinitely poorer without Austin City Limits.
Funeral by Arcade Fire : Also Excellent. As my brother would say “good chillin' music”.
Slash & Burn: The Best of the BoDeans by The BoDeans : Great. I’ve been a fan of these guys ever since discovering “Good Things” in college. Great group with a surprising number of songs I forgot I liked.
Harpo’s Ghost by Thea Gilmore : Very Good. Britain has been producing a lot more quality indie-pop lately. Ms. Gilmore is one of my favorties in the new crowd.
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood by Neko Case : Good. Not quite as good as the live album but a solid addition to my music collection.

At the rate I’ve been going I’m going to have to buy a bigger CD case soon.

II. MP3s (From Amazon)
"Already Gone" by The Eagles
"Baby Did A Bad, Bad Thing" by Chris Isaak
"Blitzkreig Bop" & "Oh Oh I Love Her So" by The Ramones
"Genius of Love" by The Tom Tom Club
"Lonely No More" by Rob Thomas
"Snow (Hey Oh)" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"You Get What You Give" by The New Radicals
"Around the World" by Daft Punk
"Fins" by Jimmy Buffet
"Life Is A Highway" by Chris Ledoux
"Black Horse & A Cherry Tree" & "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall
"Have Love Will Travel" by The Black Keys
"One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head
"The Sinister Minister" by Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
"House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly
"Free And Easy (Down The The Road I Go)" by Dierks Bentley
"Knights of Cydonia" by Muse
"Mr. Tamborine Man" by The Byrds
"Yeh Yeh Yeh" by Melanie C
"Burning Down The House" by The Talking Heads

I think my music library might cross the 3000 song mark sometime this year. Whoa.

No comments: