Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Smorgasbord

1) Someone overloading in nerd-awesomeness built a Steampunk-Style Laptop that is actually a functioning computer. Seriously this is no end of awesome.

2) Thank you Bono! For consistently proving not all celebrities have to be divorced from reality or stupid:

I'm arguing for a demonstration to the world of what we're capable of in the West, with our technology, our innovations, our agriculture, our pharmacology. We've developed this unimaginable prosperity. Let's show the world what we can do with it. America, as I always say, is not just a country, it's an idea. The world needs to see right now what that idea means. Because there's an oncoming train on our track, and it's going to be met one way or another. It isn't going away.
3) Magenta: Owned by T-Mobile? What a world..

4) Ok, this is kinda old but I think it's useful. A Lifehacker Article on How To Improve Your Public Speaking. The article itself is short but the comments have some interesting discussion of what people find annoying or impressive in their presenters.

5) Gizmodo Talks about the new Google Phone Initiative. They make a lot of good points about how Google's work here could free up the US cell phone services (which would be awesome). I'm not really big on cell-phone & only got a cell when I had to because I was out of work unexpectedly for jury duty. With all the drama my family & friends had gone through, I opted to get a pay-as-you-go phone. It's a crap phone; hardly any gadgetry to speak of. BUT I'm not in a contract of any kind. If Google can change the situation, good for them.

No comments: