Saturday, November 3, 2007

Krav Maga, 6th Class

6th Class: Well, this is the last class through the school district....It was a really hard one. We did a LONG warm-up period. Seriously, the warm-ups are worst than learning the moves. But then we got into something interesting: being choked while on the ground. I thought I wouldn't be very good at this but I picked it up quickly (for me). My only problem is that once I got on top, I kept forgetting to hit my attacker before I ran away :). I'm gonna have to work on that....

And I will have plenty of opportunity because I joined the Krav Maga gym. This is the first fitness thing I've actually kept up with (attended most of the classes & not totally sucked at). There's a monthly fee but it's not too bad and I get to go to any class at ANY time except 2-3 of the advanced classes.

Next week, I've decided it's "Krav Maga Strength / Cardio". An hour earlier but I do need to work on both so it's a good fit for me.

My new "member shirt":

No comments: