Monday, October 8, 2007

San Antonio Eating: Thai Corner

Inspired by the awesome food-blogging of “Stargate: Atlantis” producer Joseph Mallozzi, I’m going to talk about one of my favorite local restaurants: Thai Corner.

Pictured below (Top to Bottom): Potstickers, Black Noodle, Crystal Noodle, Indian Noodle and Seasame Chicken






My co-workers and I have been steadily going through everything on their lunch menu; we haven’t found a dud yet. In addition to the expected lunch-plate appetizers of eggrolls and crab rangoon, they offer the option of potstickers (pictured) or a small cucumber salad. Both are excellent.

Besides the entrees pictured above, I can vouch for the “Green Curry”, “Pad Thai” and “Garlic Chicken”. My favorite is the “Crystal Noodle”. Their “Pad Thai” is also excellent (and a step above nearby Pei-Wei). My most recent discovery is “Indian Noodle”. I gave it a shot today at lunch. It sent me back to college when my two Indian roommates would cook these amazing curries. It’s not on the lunch menu but it’s definitely worth a try.

If you’re in the area and feeling up for a change, this is definitely the place for you.

How to get there:
Located at Loop 1604 and Bandera Rd
From 1604 exit “Bandera/Helotes/State Highway 16” (the signs usually say one of the three)
Go towards the corner with the “Silverado 16” movie theater (outside 1604 on the south side of Bandera)
It’s in the shopping center next to the theater, on the end closest to the theater.

How to get more info: Thai Corner On-Line (includes full menus and more pictures)

No comments: