Saturday, October 13, 2007

Krav Maga, 2nd/3rd Classes

2nd Class - Missed (overslept....for an 11AM class) *is embarrassed*

3rd Class - Just got back. Thankfully, I wasn't too far behind. Each session is kind of independent. The instructor mixed it up a bit by holding the class in the parking garage below the fitness center. He had a good reason. Parking garages are common settings for attacks so he thought we should get used to the setting. At first, everybody was a bit uncertain about it.

I have a real problem with over-thinking my moves; I kept stopping whenever I messed up (which would be disastrous in a real attack). AND apologizing when I accidentally hit my "attacker". By the end of the class, I quit doing it. But it does say something doesn't it? You get so used to not using violence that even when it's OK, you are still reacting like you are in a normal non-violent situation. In a real life attack, I won't have thirty minutes to paradigm shift.

No comments: